To provide business students with the following:
- Information about the ways in which different businesses are financed, including practical bookkeeping and accounting skills
- A clear understanding of the legal ways in which different businesses are formed and the manner in which they are structured and organised
- An understanding of the importance of people in organisations, including the need for motivation, control and communication
- An introduction to the principles of economic theory in relation to business activity and an understanding of the environment in which all businesses operate
- Knowledge about the different business departments and their activities and functions.
The Certificate in Commercial Studies
The ICM Certificate in Commercial Studies is awarded on completion of all above subjects.