To provide business students with the following:
- Information about the ways in which different businesses are financed, including practical bookkeeping and accounting skills
- A clear understanding of the legal ways in which different businesses are formed and the manner in which they are structured and organised
- An understanding of the importance of people in organisations, including the need for motivation, control and communication
- An introduction to the principles of economic theory in relation to business activity and an understanding of the environment in which all businesses operate
- Knowledge about the different business departments and their activities and functions.
The Certificate in Commercial Studies
The ICM Certificate in Commercial Studies is awarded on completion of all above subjects.
(The ICM Diploma in Journalism is awarded on completion of all Part 1 and Part 2 subjects)
Learners must successfully complete all eight subjects included in the Diploma in Journalism before entering for an examination on the Advanced Diploma in Journalism & Media Studies. For more information please click here.