Becoming an ICM Learner
In order to undertake any ICM examination it will be necessary for you to register with ICM as a Learner member via an Approved ICM Teaching Centre. Before making payment or registering, Learners should check with ICM Head Office by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone +44 (0)1202 490 555 in order to confirm the accreditation of an ICM Approved Teaching Centre. You can obtain a Learner Registration Application form from your Approved ICM Teaching Centre. After processing your application you will be issued an ICM Student ID Card. Membership will be valid 15months from the date of registration and can then be renewed if you are continuing to study with ICM. The relevant fees can be found within Our Charging Structure.
Ownership of an ICM Student ID card enables you to:
- Verification for entrance to examination venues.
- Free access to a suite of eLearning courses.
- Free access to eBooks.
- Downloadable resources to facilitate your study skills.
- Tutorials on how to achieve the best marks in your exam.
If you would like more information on any aspect of ICM Student membership please contact your local ICM Business Development and Delivery Coordinator.
English Language Requirements
If English is not your first language, ICM recommends Learners should have a level of spoken and written English equivalent to CEFR level B2/IELTS level 6. Below is a description of competency at CEFR level B2. Your ICM Approved Centre will assess your level of spoken and written English prior to you starting your course.
For more information about IELTS please go to https://www.ielts.org/what-is-ielts/ielts-introduction.
For more information about CEFR levels please go to https://www.coe.int/en/web/common-european-framework-reference-languages/table-1-cefr-3.3-common-reference-levels-global-scale.
CEFR level B2 states that the Learner can:
- Understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation.
- Interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
If you have any queries or concerns on this or any aspect of ICM study please contact us for help and/or guidance.
Please contact your ICM Approved Centre for details of:
- Accreditation of prior learning and experience.
- Entrance with advanced standing.
- Progression routes.