Job Type: Full-time,8:30am-5:00pm. Permanent position office based in Ringwood, Hampshire.
The Examining and Awarding Managers tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Responsible for the quality assurance of the examination and assessment and awarding process (see Awarding Process Overview).
· To ensure the standards of the assessed/examined components of qualifications are consistent across Centres and Candidates and from year toyear (Chair EPRC Meeting).
· Manage the awarding process, ensuring that there is comparability in the standards of awards across levels and examination sessions (Awarding Meeting).
· Track the requirements for examiner professional development with the Question Paper Officer.
· Lead examiner recruitment to include checking applications
· Produce and maintain updated guidance documents for the examining team.
· Manage the delivery of training, standardisation and supervision of work of Principal Examiners, Double Markers,Validity, Reliability and Precision Checkers and Examiners.
· Lead and manage Examiner Performance Review Committee (EPRC),Examiner Standardisation Meeting (ESM).
· Need to work in line with all ICM policies, procedures and handbooks.
· Effective presentation, ICT and report-writing skills.
· The ability to draft and deliver complex and /or sensitive correspondence.
· Staff Management skills, including managing other managers.
· The ability to communicate with a diverse range of people at all levels in written and oral form.
· Experience of conducting staff reviews/appraisals.
· Current Examiner with Principal Examiner Experience.
· Relevant experience of Principal Examiner roles/standardisation processes
· Sound understanding and experience of assessment and QA processes and procedures
· Degree or equivalent qualifications.
· Educational Experience/Teaching qualification.
· Experience of writing question papers in a subject area for an awarding organisation is preferred.
· Ability to meet deadlines.
Handbooks and Procedures Responsible for:
· Examiner Handbook
· ICM Awarding Handbook
· Principal Examiner Handbook
· Sampling Policy
· Validity, Reliability and Precision (VRP) Examination Checker Handbook.