Job Type: Full-time, 8:30am-5:00pm. Permanent position office based in Ringwood, Hampshire.
Salary: Upon Application.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer.
The Chief Examiner will take responsibility for ensuring that the examinations as a whole including controlled assessments meets the requirements of the qualification specifications and maintains standards year on year.
The Chief Examiner tasks include, but are not limited to, the following job description:
· To supervise Examiners, Principal Examiners, Validity, Reliability and Precision Checker Examiners, Double Markers, External Quality Assurers and Internal Quality Assurers.
· To oversee the pre-standardisation and standardisation process.
· To assist in the awarding process, ensuring that there is comparability in the standards of awards across levels and examination sessions.
· Take a lead role in examiner recruitment to include checking applications to include the set up practice marking and pre interview tasks for prospective markers.
· Monitor and report on the performance of the examinations including the completion of a qualification report on the performance of the examination per series.
· Co-ordinating and delivering Centre training and producing guidance documents for examiners.
· Overseeing the delivery of training and standardisation of Principal Examiners, Validity, Reliability and Precision Checker Examiners, Double Markers, External Quality Assurers and Internal Quality Assurers.
· To act as Lead Examiner for one or more levels in the subject.
· Management of an Examiner Forum.
· Involvement in projects as required.
· Current Examiner with Principal Examiner Experience.
· External Quality Assurer.
· Degree or equivalent qualifications related to the subject area.
· Teaching qualification.
· Travel to perform Centre quality assurance visits.
· Experience of writing question papers in a subject area for an awarding organisation.
· Experience in the delivery of in a subject area.
· Sound understanding and experience of assessment and QA processes and procedures.
· Experience of managing people.
Qualities and Skills
· Ability to make sound, impartial judgements about the quality of provision and Learner performance
· Ability to be analytical and objective
· Effective and sensitive oral and written communicator
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to provide constructive support and advice
· Excellent administrative skills
· Ability to write reports to a high standard
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Good ICT skills.
Applications close on Friday 24th September 2021.