- What is accounting?
- Business organisations and sources of finance
- Financial statements: P&L and the balance sheet
- The role of the accountant and the accounts office
The Accounting Model
- Recording financial transactions: the ledger system and trial balance
- The running balance method of recording
- The purchase day book and the returns day book
- Banking services
- Cash book / bank reconciliation statements / petty cash books
- Capital and revenue expenditure
- The trial balance, journal and suspense accounts
- Control accounts
- Sales and purchase ledgers
Example Candidate Response Booklet
Example Candidate Response (ECR) Booklets are a source of crucial information for Centres and Candidates as they use real candidate responses. We ask Senior Examiners to comment on five or more responses in terms of why the mark was awarded with commentary about how to improve the answer (if necessary).