Job Type: Full-time, 8:30am-5:00pm. Permanent position office based in Ringwood, Hampshire.
Reports to: Examining and Awarding Manager
The Question Paper Officer will take responsibility for all units, ensuring that the examination as a whole including controlled assessments meets the requirements of the qualification specification and maintains standards year on year. To comply consistent standards in line with ICM registered regulators of academic and administrative practice in the development and assessment of vocationally related qualifications including examination and course materials. To provide consistent standards of academic and administrative expertise in the production of examination materials. The Question Paper Officers tasks include, but are not limited to, the following job description:
· To ensure the standards of the assessed/examined components of qualifications are consistent across centres, candidates and from year to year.
· Liaise with Setters and FDCs, supervise the work of setters and FDC, including recruitment.
· Identifies and ensures consistent pool of expertise in setting staff at ICM.
· Allocate work to Setters and First Draft Checkers and monitor the delivery of exam papers within set timescales with the Editor and Proof-reader.
· Liaise with Setters and the Examining and Awarding Manager to facilitate best practice in setting papers.
· Supervise the post-First Draft Checking production of the question papers and mark schemes to ensure appropriate standards.
· Manage and arrange a Question Paper Assessment Panel as and when required.
· Sign off samples of question papers and mark schemes as fit for purpose against the Setter and FDC Handbook for Quality Assurance.
· Ensure that the question papers cover the assessment criteria as set out in the qualification specification, and cover the learning outcomes and indicative content of each unit.
· Review and update syllabus matrices for all units and provide training to setters on using this.
· Liaise with the Editor and Proof-reader, Examining and Awarding Manger and the Head of Product Development to track the quality, validity and reliability of exam questions.
· Make sure the FDC and exam matrix/syllabus matrix reflects learning objectives per series.
· Review the system for the risk assessment of setters.
· Attend Examiner Performance Review Committee (EPRC) and Question Paper Assessment Panel (QPAP).
· Advanced IT skills, including Word; Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Interpersonal,report-writing; communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and the confidence and aptitude to use initiative and be pro-active.
· Willing to take calculated and measured risks to get the job done effectively
· Team Player
· Networking skills
· Customer focused
· Meets deadlines and can prioritise and re-prioritise work
· Possesses drive and Enthusiasm
· Willing to go the extra step
· Time management skills
· Diverse interests and outlook
· 5 years minimum practical office experience
· Educated to A level standard or above.
· Degree level qualification.
· Educational Experience and/or a Teaching qualification preferred.
· Relevant experience in Question Paper Setting and Mark Scheme writing
· Relevant experience in managing a team of Setters
· Relevant experience in mapping Question Paper content to a set Qualification Specification
· Sound understanding and experience of assessment and QA processes and procedures
· Ability to make sound, impartial judgements about the quality of provision and Learner performance
· Ability to be analytical and objective
· Effective and sensitive oral and written communicator
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to provide constructive support and advice
· Excellent administrative skills
· Ability to write reports to a high standard
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Good ICT skills.
Handbooks and Procedures Responsible for:
· FDC Handbook
· Setter Handbook