Job Types: Full-time, permanent position, office-based in Ringwood, Hampshire (flexibility with Working from Home arrangements available)
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Closing date: end November 2019
· A role required to lead new product development and review current products and delivery of ICM qualifications.
· To ensure the fitness for purpose of ICM qualifications and to work alongside the Examining and Awarding Manager to ensure best practice in the examinations team.
· Meet set deadlines for qualification development projects to ensure new developments are completed and launched regularly.
· Ensure development project team's resources and capabilities are developed and implemented to deliver fit for purpose qualifications and assessments across a range of industry areas.
· Provide operational leadership through organisation and oversight on product development projects with the Development Officers. Ensure the timely completion of the projects in an efficient manor, following ICM policies and procedures.
· Manage Development Officers, Development Consultants, external stakeholders and associates who are being utilised in product development activities.
· Ensure Development Officers, Development Consultants and a range of stakeholders including regulators, technical experts, employers and training providers produce documentation inline with industry and regulatory requirements.
· Ensure Qualification Specifications are fit for purpose, clear, accurate and if amended, the Head of Product Development is responsible for publishing the amendments.
· Responsible for assessment strategies per unit at ICM.
· Build and maintain the technical capacity across development project teams through leadership.
· Resourcing for specific units (e.g. teacher and learner resources).
· Be a member of appropriate project teams and attend meetings as required to fulfill the role.
· Produce and present reports at Trustee Board Meetings, Management Team Meetings or other forums and meetings as required.
· Plan and contribute to various Qualification Proposal and Validation Panels and Committees.
· Attend conferences.
· Work with the Sampling and Reliability Analyst to ensure the standards of qualifications and assessments are consistent across Centres and Candidates year on year.
· Assist the Quality and Development Director to conduct product reviews, implementing changes when appropriate and identify products to be withdrawn.
· Keep abreast of policies and initiatives relevant to product development and assessment design principles.
· Ensure that all assessments on all qualifications are carried out to a regulated standard in accordance with appropriate internal policies and external regulators and can withstand scrutiny by internal audit and key stakeholders.
· Ensure a risk analysis (adverse effects risk register) is completed by the Qualification Developer for each product development in relation to the aspects of qualification development within regulatory conditions, to identify any issues that could potentially threaten the validity and reliability of the qualification design and associated processes. Ensure contingency plans and defined countermeasures are in place.
Qualifications and Experience
· Over 10 years' practical experience of qualifications development, delivery and assessment methodology preferred.
· Assessment design principles knowledge.
· Understanding of awarding organisation procedures and processes and the requirements of qualification regulatory authorities.
· Degree or equivalent professional qualification, or significant professional experience and excellent track record.
· MBA/PhD preferred.
· Significant experience in, and understanding of, the field of education.
· Educational experience or teaching qualification/expertise.
· Experience of successful curriculum development.
· Evidence of current Continuing Professional Development.
· Enthusiastic, driven and committed ability to lead and manage high performing teams.
· The ability to draft and deliver complex and/or sensitive correspondence.
· The ability to communicate with a diverse range of people at all levels in written and oral form.
· Staff Management skills:
o Including managing other managers.
o Experience of conducting staff reviews/appraisals.
o Interviewing and recruiting staff.
· Excellent project management skills:
o The ability to define a project scope.
o Obtain the buy-in of stakeholders and track the project milestones to completion.
o Adjust milestones to accommodate changes in priorities.
o To escalate where necessary.
· Effective presentation and report-writing skills.
· Excellent ability to organise and prioritise.
· Ability to achieve agreed targets and to work to deadlines.
· Positive attitude to change,development and quality.
· High degree of flexibility in approach to work.
ICM Documents responsible for
· ICM Guide to Assessment Development.
· ICM Guide to Writing a Business Case.
· ICM Guide to Writing Qualifications for the RQF.
· ICM Qualification Application.
· ICM Qualification Validation Panel (QVP) Procedures and Guidelines.
ICM Meetings responsible for contributing to
· Development Meeting.
· Qualification Proposal Committee.
· Awarding Meeting.
· Examination Performance Review Committee.
· Qualification Validation Panel.
· Management Meeting.
· Quality Board.
· Trustee Board.
· Development Officer(s).
· Development Consultant(s).
· Quality and Development Director and Responsible Officer.